5 Steps for Finding a Good Carpet Cleaner
If you want to choose a top carpet cleaning service, you might have to do a little more than just hiring the first one you come across in an Internet search. While you walk around on your carpet every day, it is still one of the biggest indicators to others if your home is clean. Once you have to live with horrible stains, or pungent odors, in your rugs and carpeting, you will understand the value of a good carpet cleaning company.
These tips will help you find the best carpet cleaning has to offer, but they can be used by people in most areas.
- Think about the process of cleaning a carpet. You might not be particularly interested in how your carpet will be cleaned, but it helps to pay attention. Different companies use a variety of methods to clean carpeting. Some use wet carpet cleaners, and these will take some time to properly dry, before you can comfortably move around your home. Other companies use what is known as “dry” carpet cleaning methods, and these can be stepped on right after cleaning is finished. There are other methods that involve the use of potent chemical cleaning products, and others use more eco-friendly products. Then there is the popular method of steam carpet cleaning, which can get to the core of your flooring, using high-temperature steam to remove stains.
- Do your Research. Even if you do not have much time to spare, it is important to find at least a handful of different quotes. Carpet cleaning Skokie companies are numerous, so it should not take long to find several businesses to look at. Ask friends and family if they can recommend a service, or try looking at online forums, where real customers have shared details of their experiences with local carpet cleaners.
- Cheap is not always best. If you are looking to save some money, hiring the company with the lowest quote might still be a bad decision. If you pay very little, you might expect substandard service, and your carpet might end up worse than it was in the first place. Often, companies will advertise low prices, but then reveal that there are hidden fees and conditions. Be careful to read the fine print, before you choose someone to clean your carpets.
- Ask if there are extra services. The price that a company quotes will usually only cover the bare minimum of services that they offer. When you speak with them, ask exactly what will be included in the price. For example, ask if they are going to move your furniture, or if stain removal will incur extra fees. It is always a good idea to ask as many questions as possible. If the customer support representative is not happy to answer your inquiries, maybe you should find someone with a more professional attitude to do business with.
- Think about who will be cleaning your carpets. You have to let these people come into your house, so avoid companies without thorough screening processes for their employees. The last thing you want is a team to come in and break things, or steal from you.